Suggestions, Comments, and Complaints

We aim to provide the best possible service for all our patients, but there may be times when you feel this has not happened. If you would like to give feedback to the practice, please complete our Feedback form.

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors, or any of the practice staff employed by them, please let us know.

Please note, district nurses, midwives, health visitors, speech therapists and chiropodists are not employed by the practice.

We always welcome comments and suggestions on the services we provide. We operate a practice complaints procedure that meets national criteria, as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints. However, we are not able to deal with questions of legal liability or compensation. If required, please either collect or request a complaints pack.

Complaints Policy

You may also wish to contact NHS England on 0300 311 22 33 and they will be able to assist you with your case. NHS England is there to help you with any issues or worries you may have about a service you or someone you care for is receiving and to help resolve issues and concerns before they become complaints. However, if you remain dissatisfied, then you may wish to make a formal complaint, ideally as soon  after the incident or event as possible.

We operate a practice complaints procedure that meets national criteria, as part of an NHS system for dealing with complaints. However, we are not able to deal with questions of legal liability or compensation.

To enable a complaint to be fully investigated it should be made:

  • In writing (either by completing our complaints form or by letter)
  • Within twelve months of the event
  • Within twelve months of you realising that you have something to complain about.

These time limits may be changed if there are good reasons why you could not complain sooner.

Complaints should be addressed to:

Practice and Complaints Manager
Larksfield Surgery
Arlesey Road
SG5 4HB.

Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing within three working days (or as soon as reasonably practicable). You will receive a written summary of the investigation and its conclusion within ten working days (or as soon as reasonably practicable). This part of the procedure is called Local Resolution.

If you do not wish to deal directly with the practice, you may contact NHS England who may investigate your complaint. Please note, we keep strictly to the rules of
medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A signed authorisation must be provided by the patient concerned, unless they are incapable (because of illness) to do so. In the case of a child (aged under 16 years) then you must have the legal authority to complain on their behalf.

If you do not wish to complain directly to the practice, you can contact either the Local Area Team (LT) on or:

The National Contact Centre
NHS England
P O Box 16738
B97 9PT

Telephone: 0300 311 2233 (Monday – Friday – 08:00-18:00, excluding English Bank Holidays).

Email: – marked ‘For the attention of the Complaints Manager in the subject line.

Your information might need to be shared with a Commissioning Support Unit (CSU). If you do not want your information to be shared with the CSU, they will need to inform NHS England as part of your complaint. If your consent is required for the investigation, NHS England will contact you directly to ensure they have the
appropriate consent in place.

If you need help with making your complaint the Health Complaints Advocacy Service (HCAS) can provide free, impartial and independent information, advocacy and support to members of the public, wishing to make a formal complaint about the National Health Service (NHS).

The HCAS provider for Bedfordshire & Hertfordshire is:

Hertlands House
Primett Road
Herts SG1 3EE

Tel: 0300 456 2370 (local rate)

If you remain unhappy after Local Resolution and Independent Review, then you can complain to the Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is completely independent of the NHS and Government. You can contact the Ombudsman at:

Millbank Tower
Tel: 0345 015 4033 (local rate)

If you need further advice, you can also contact NHS 111 or a local Citizens Advice Bureau. The Department of Health’s website also has information on the NHS complaints procedure online.

We want to know when things go wrong, so we can quickly put them right for you, and can learn from your experience to improve our services to other people.

We also want to know about things that we do well and what you think of our services generally, what your suggestions are for the future and when you are pleased by the efforts of our staff.

Please feel free to contact us with any comments or suggestions you may have.